Home Remedies for Constipation


Constipation refers to the slow movement of food in the digestive tract. There are multiple reasons for constipation such as dehydration, poor diet, illness, etc.  Fortunately, there are multiple natural ways or foods that can help relieve constipation. Some of the best foods for constipation are as follows:
1. Apples
Apples are high in fiber. A medium-sized apple provides 4.4 grams of fiber. It has both insoluble and soluble fiber. Most of its fiber is in the form of dietary fiber called pectin, which is easily fermented by bacteria to form short-chain fatty acids which pull water into the colon and thus softens the stool.
Apples also contain sorbitol, which is a sugar alcohol. Sorbitol promotes bowel movements by laxation, by softening the hard stools in the gut.

2. Pears:
Pears are high in fibers, fructose, and sorbitol. Fructose and Sorbitol act as a natural laxative by adding water into the intestines. Thus, eating one or two pears a day will help regulate bowel movements.

3. Sweet Potato:
Sweet Potato is also a fiber-rich food that promotes bowel movements. It mostly contains insoluble fibers (cellulose and lignin) that add bulk and weight to stools and thus aid bowel movements. It also contains soluble fiber pectin that also helps relieve constipation.


4. Prunes
Prunes are dried plums. Prune juice is also a known natural laxative that can help boost your bowel movements. Prunes are rich in fibers. The insoluble fiber in prunes is called cellulose. It adds water to the stool and thus ads bulk. The soluble fiber is fermented in the gut to produce fatty acids that also add bulk to stool. This fruit also contains sorbitol. This is a sugar alcohol that helps water move towards the colon. 

5. Oats:
Oats is a whole-grain food that helps prevent inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer. The bran, outer covering of oats, helps relieve constipation. So, switch to oatmeal breakfast to improve bowel movements.

6. Spinach and other greens:  
Green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, Brussels are also counted among fiber-rich foods. These green foods add bulk to stools and thus make them easier to move through the gut.

7.  Water:
Dehydration is one of the major reasons for constipation. In Addition, when you increase fiber intake your fluid requirement increases, so drink an adequate amount of water in a day.


(This information is not a substitute for medical advice. It is just for an informative purpose. So, you may consult your doctor before trying any tips.)

3 comments:

  1. It's a nice article. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing. For more amazing information you may get from this link fiber prevent disease

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I want to write a little testimony about the good work of Dr. Odion, who cured me of Hsv 1 and 2 in just 2 weeks with his herbal medicines, I never believe that I can be normal again and have a good life like others always I was sorry for the day I was diagnosed with the virus, I lost hope when the doctor told me there was no cure for it, but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have children of my own well I am so grateful for my an assistant who treats me with his herbal medicines, I go online looking for anything that can help me because I can't handle it forever, so I found this email doc Odion on the blog of someone who was cured of it quickly. I contact him for help and explain all my pain, he told me not to worry that there really is a cure, I never believe until he sends me the herbal medicine when I order it and I have it within 4 days, so I took le for 2 weeks and the next week I go for a test, just to confirm that I am 100% cured of this disease what a miracle in my life, I am so happy at the moment, you can also contact him if you have such a disease by email drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com or send him a message what is the application, phone number +2349019421176 Dr. Odion also has a cure for other diseases such as COLD WORKS, HIV / AIDS, DIABETES. CANCER, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MUCH MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr. Odion and free themselves from suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. home remedies using Taoist soap book

    ReplyDelete